Saturday 18 September 2010

Recipe - Sweetcorn with Spiced Butter

We have recently reinstated our weekly veg box deliveries from the lovely folks at Abel & Cole. It's a rather more expensive way of doing things than picking up your bits and pieces at the supermarket, but I really don't mind. It's nice to know I'm doing my bit to support British organic farming, and the produce is always damn tasty too.

We were lucky to enough to receive some sweetcorn last week. I've had corn on the cob before, but had ever even seen it still in its jacket. A&C always send us gorgeously fresh food and I was really excited about sinking my teeth into this.

I decided to do something a bit different with this. The recipe was pinched straight from the A&C website, but I left out a little unnecessary preparation. It was so, so easy and quick to prepare, and so delicious! I'll definitely be doing it again...

Sweetcorn with Spiced Butter

Take one decent sized chunk of your favourite butter substitute (I'm currently on Pure Soya) and add a really good-sized pinch each of chilli powder, ground cumin and ground coriander, as well as salt and pepper to taste. Mix it all together (I found the back of a metal spoon worked best for this). Use it to slather a couple of corn cobs, sling them in a little roasting tin and cook for around 25 min at gas mark 6. That's it. So easy, so tasty!

The original recipe suggested wrapping the corn cobs back up in their many leafy layers after buttering them. I decided this was too much effort and I'd just wrap them in foil... before realising I had no foil. They did just fine with no wrapping though.

No comments:

Post a Comment